Sunday, September 2, 2012

Quick Sketch of the Day

Hi Guys,

So here's my QSoD. It's extremely different from the O.C's (Original Character) I usually draw but I actually use to draw these types of of sketches very often last year. I would make one maybe every week or so. The only difference is that I've improved in them.




Unlike a lot of my typical drawings that are made up of lines and filled in with shading, this entire picture is made up of shading and filled in with lines. I do prefer this type of sketching to hard lines however as a cartoonist there are some things you just can't do this with. But that doesn't stop me from drawing like this from time to time.
Actually, I think this is one thing that some new artists struggle with (especially if they draw for their profession). People tend to forget, even if they have a signature style, it doesn't mean that they can't diversify. In fact, art is like a language. The more styles and ways of doing things you learn the more you widen your artistic vocabulary. As a result, you'll understand that language more and be able to speak to more people.




Send A Request:

To send a request for a commission, send an email including what you would like me to draw for you to:
skiddishart@gmail.com

Please tell everybody you know about this charity and help me help my aunt!


~Kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment